Apple cider vinegar has been used as a health tonic for thousands of years. Research shows it has many health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels. But can adding apple cider vinegar to your diet also help you lose weight? Acetic acid is a short-chain fatty acid that dissolves into acetate and hydrogen in your body.
- Lowers blood sugar levels: Acetic acid improves the ability of the liver and muscles to take up sugar from the blood
- Decreases insulin levels: Acetic acid also reduced the ratio of insulin to glucagon, which might favor fat burning
- Improves metabolism: an increase in the enzyme AMPK, which boosts fat burning and decreases fat and sugar production in the liver
- Reduces fat storage: Treating obese, diabetic rats with acetic acid or acetate protected them from weight gain and increased the expression of genes that reduced belly fat storage and liver fat
- Burns fat: A high-fat diet supplemented with acetic acid found a significant increase in the genes responsible for fat burning, which led to less body fat buildup
- Suppresses appetite: Another study suggests acetate may suppress centers in your brain that control appetite, which can lead to reduced food intake
Medium-chain triglycerides are a type of fat that is found in certain oils and dairy products. MCT oil is a supplement made of these fats. But what are the potential health benefits of MCT oil?
MCT oil is a dietary supplement that is made up of MCT fats, which are fats that can be found in coconut oil, palm kernel oil, and dairy products.
MCT oil is mainly used by people looking to lose weight, or boost their endurance during a workout.
Potential Benefits of ACV and MCT together
- Aims to boost metabolism
- May increase fat burning to enhance diet and weight loss effects
- Formulated to break down carbs and sugar
- Works to suppress appetite
- Promotes heart health
- Helps support cholesterol level control
- Size: 120 capsules
- Serving size: 2 capsules
- Supplement facts
- Country of origin: USA